Wedding Feast

Wedding Feast
Be Among the Chosen

Sunday, November 2, 2014

II Chronicles 7:12-16; Then one night the LORD appeared to Solomon and said, "I have heard your prayers and have chosen this Temple as the place for making sacrifices. At times I might shut up the heavens so that no rain falls, or command grasshoppers to devour your crops, or send plagues among you. Then if My people who are called by My Name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy--a place where My name will be honored forever, I will always watch over it, for it is dear to My heart."
  • These are some of my favorite verses in the Bible. They are promises from God. Promises to His people. Promises for His blessing upon the land. The Bible is full of God's promises and He is faithful and true. I find it odd that God's people want to so quickly dismiss the Old Testament. Frequently heard excuses, "It only applies to Israel." "We're under the new covenant."  Both statements are not incorrect.  However, we can learn a lot from the Old Testament and although the U.S. wasn't divinely created by God, we are intricately linked to Israel. We are, or maybe were, "One Nation under God." This nation was founded on God and His Word whether its citizens want to accept it or not.  Christ came to fulfill the Old Testament. God didn't change between the Old and New Testament. He's the same yesterday, today, and forever.
  • In the verses above, God was telling Solomon that He was listening to the prayers but that He would either judge or bless a nation and it was dependent upon who they worshipped. New Testament implications: we are now His TEMPLE. We are SET APART. We have been CALLED and CHOSEN by God and are dear to His heart.
II Chronicles 19-22; "But if you or your descendants abandon Me and disobey the decrees and commands I have given you, and if you serve and worship other gods, then I will uproot the people from this land that I have given them. I will reject this Temple that I have made holy to honor My Name. I will make it an object of mockery and ridicule among the nations. And though this Temple is impressive now, all who pass by will be appalled. They will ask, "Why did the LORD do such terrible things to this land and to this Temple".

  • In these verses, God was very clear that nations that worshipped other gods and abandoned His laws would be mocked, uprooted, and ravaged by disasters (or judgments from God).
    • Nations are judged by God throughout the course of history. Any nation that has gone against Israel throughout history has either been destroyed or rendered insignificant in economics and power. Judgment of each person is reserved for Judgment Day. God has been, is and will be judging nations.
    • The U.S. is currently a country being mocked by many other nations.  We're losing our positions as #1 in the economy and in power. We have been judged by God many times over (read The Harbinger and The Mystery of Shemittah if you don't see God's judgment against the U.S.). Our land is experiencing droughts, storms are all "Super" storms, pestilences are ravaging and once-gone viruses are now making a comeback.
How does this once great country get back on track, get back to being the nation it was victorious in war, economically thriving? We need to turn back to God. Our leaders need to turn back to God.  Our laws need to align with God's laws. Then God will once again place His protection around our borders. He will remove the famines, pestilences, and plagues. He will bless this country and restore the land and the people.  Get out and vote! Vote for the person who exalts God and humbles him or herself. Vote for the one whose life is built on God and His Word. Vote for the one that isn't afraid to stand alone on issues that he or she knows honors God.  This may be hard to do...I have yet to see anyone who actually does any of these things. But try and research each candidate to find the godly candidate.

No comments:

Post a Comment